Should You Upgrade to Shopify Plus? Here’s What You Need to Know
A lot of merchants struggle with deciding whether Shopify Plus is a worthwhile solution for their business. If you’re already on Shopify, why upgrade to Shopify Plus? The fact is, there are a lot of significant differences between these two platforms:
A basic Shopify account begins at $29 per month. It’s highly recommended for merchants who are just getting started. The core Shopify platform begins at $79 per month , and if you want more advanced features that’ll cost you $299. Shopify Plus’ pricing is a lot more varied and the services offered are based on consumer demands.
Number of merchants
Shopify has a user base of 500,000 merchants while Shopify Plus has a user base of 2,500 merchants.
Shopify is perfect for merchants who need a simplified experience because they’re just getting started. In contrast, Shopify Plus has the same key features, but provides more opportunities for scalability, customization and higher order volumes.
Shopify Plus is perfect for merchants selling in high volumes. It also has the following features:
- advanced Shopify apps that are designed for high-growth merchants.
- a Wholesale channel that lets you create a separate, password-protected wholesale store.
- a customizable checkout that gives you more control over the branding of your store.
- additional API calls that let you integrate with custom apps.
- Shopify has the best-in-class Content Delivery Network (CDN). This means that your site will be up and running in spite of a massive boost in traffic.
- ability to handle 10,000 checkouts per minute.
- Advanced eCommerce CMS and shopping cart that can be customized with H1, title tags, meta tags for SEO.
- Amazon integration.
- 24/7 customer support (i.e. uptime, web security, hosting)
- Support for Facebook shop and Pinterest Buyable Pins.
- a Merchant Success Manager who understands your business and can help you get the most value out of using Shopify.
- a Launch Manager who helps you get your store online faster by assisting with third-party integrations, and finding partners to work on design and development projects specifically for your business.
- unlimited staff accounts to allow you to grow your personnel without the risk of additional costs.
- nine expansion stores for internationalization, separate physical locations, and other related purposes.
- access to exclusive beta programs to preview and influence the product roadmap
- access to technology, agency, and solution partners with our Shopify Plus Partner Program.
- membership to the Shopify Plus Community on Facebook to share strategies and experiences with other high-volume merchants.
How to Start Your Shift to Shopify Plus
Shopify understands that an upgrade to Shopify Plus takes time. But powering up your ecommerce store is exactly their specialty. If you’re thinking of making a switch, you can easily contact them and they’ve got you covered. You can chat with their sales expert and fill in their contact form, to see how they can help you with your needs.